These 15 Holidays Around the World Books are perfect for young children to learn about different traditions around the world. These books makes for a wonderful unit to expand children’s knowledge of the world. There are so many interesting things that people do for the Holidays.
I have picked books that are about a variety of traditions, and some feature a bunch of celebrations in one book. There are fiction and nonfiction titles to use in your classroom. Check out the titles below and let me know if there are more that you use.
(THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS.)
- December Holidays from Around the World is a book about other celebrations that happen in December. It is great to show kids holidays around the world.
- Celebrations Around the World: The Fabulous Celebrations You Won’t Want to Miss is one you will want in your room. The illustrations are bright and show children what is happening in other areas of the world.
- A World of Cookies for Santa: Follow Santa’s Tasty Trip Around the World is a great way to introduce new foods to students. Making different cookies would be so much fun for a December activity!
- Home for the Holidays is a wonderful book for young children to learn about holidays around the world with Elmo, Big Bird, and others from Sesame Street.
- What Do You Celebrate? is a book talking about celebrations around the world. It doesn’t just focus on Christmas-like holidays.
5 Holidays Around the World Books
- The Legend of the Poinsettia is about a Mexican legend about the Poinsettia. Students will be interested to hear this story about a selfish girl and what happened to her.
- Pick a Pine Tree is a great book to share about the tradition of picking the perfect tree for the holidays. Then all the fun that comes with decorating it and getting it ready for the season!
- The Nineth Night of Hanukkah is a story about a family that lost their Hanukkah box and are now missing their menorah, candles, dreidels, and everything else!
- Together for Kwanzaa is Kayla’s favorite time of year but a huge snowstorm is coming, and she is worried her brother won’t make it home for the celebration. Teach kids about Kwanzaa and listen to a story about family and love.
- Diwali is a book about the festival of lights that is celebrated in the Indian culture. It explains the five-day festival and what happens during that time.
5 More Books About Holidays
- Ramadan is a book written for young children to learn about the celebration called Ramadan. It explains it in a simple to understand way and has great pictures for little learners.
- Lunar New Year is a text to teach about the Lunar New Year that is celebrated in Asian cultures. Students will love the illustrations in this informative book.
- Let’s Celebrate Special Days Around the World is another text that talks about holidays around the world, not just Christmas-like ones.
- Holidays Around the World: Celebrate Christmas is a nonfiction book about Christmas. It provides some history, real-life photographs, and differing viewpoints about this holiday.
- Lucia Morning in Sweden is a book about a holiday in Sweden called Lucia. It tells about Santa Lucia through the eyes of young children which will be very relatable for little learners.
Do you have any great books that you share about Holidays Around the World? Please drop a comment below with the titles for me!