Hello and welcome,
I am so glad you’re here!
You and me, I get the feeling that we are a lot alike… for one, we’re both educators changing the world one student at a time. Which means we both understand how time consuming differentiating the standard curriculum to fit the needs of all of our students is.
I bet you’re thinking all about it right now and dreading writing those lesson plans, aren’t you?
I’d imagine you’re also thinking…
- “Pfft! Lesson planning for the week, that’s the smallest of my frustrations! I wish I had time to plan ahead, get organized, and be prepared and ahead of the game. That’d be nice!”
- “Progress monitoring is so much work. When do I collect data, and how and where… and why. so. much. data!?”
- “I miss my family. I haven’t seen them in a couple of days. I’m drowning in paperwork and adult management!”
- “My students are just going through the motions and are so uninvolved and not engaged in their learning. I’m so overwhelmed that I don’t even know where to start!”
- “Don’t even get me started on parents… we don’t have enough time in the day to tackle that!”
…and probably 102,739 other things too.
Well, not anymore. 🙂 My name is Stephanie and I am the author behind Mrs. D’s Corner. I’m your go-to-girl for inspiration on everything elementary special education. My passion is making grade-level content functional, engaging, and meaningful for all students, and to make learning fun and easy by providing tried and true lessons and activities that are implementation ready, differentiation provided.
I provide tips, tricks, and hacks that actually work in the special education classroom setting. And I am your biggest advocate when it comes to taking care of yourself (because you are important too!).
Since I can remember, I have always wanted to be a teacher. You know, the taking extra worksheets at school to come home and teach my [invisible] students kind-of-always-wanted-to-be-a-teacher.
After 8+ years in the field, I know first hand how exhausting teaching can be, yet how absolutely wonderful and life changing it is. You have to keep yourself healthy, and you need to take time for you. My goal for this website is to provide you with materials you need to save you time… giving you more time to actually teach. Giving you more time to make a difference. And ultimately giving you more relax time, more YOU time! Now that’s something we all need.
So sit back, relax, and let me do all of the hard work for you.
I have everything you need to differentiate lesson plans, build student and parent rapport and trust, stay organized, and all of the little things in-between.
In the meantime, grab the inside scoop by subscribing to the newsletter for freebies, inspiration, and weekly updates HERE.